Sports Medicine Staff:
Kristina Estis (left) joined Foley in 2019 as a Staff Athletic Trainer. She received her B.S. in Athletic Training from The University of Southern Mississippi in 2003. In 2006, Kristina completed Paramedic Studies at UAB. She has most recently been the Athletic Trainer for Walker County Schools and Bevill State Community College. Kristina enjoys family time with her husband William and step-son Brady.
Sean Ahonen (right) started teaching Health in 2006 and now teaches Sports Medicine to all grade levels. He received his Master’s in Health & PE from Columbus State University while working for the Houghston Clinic. From 2000-04 he worked with Valdosta State University Athletic Training Program while earning his B.S. in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training. Sean has been married to his wife, Cindy Ahonen, since 2005. They have three children together - Charlotte, Parker & Jaxon.
Hours of Operation:
The Athletic Training Room is CLOSED during the day from 7:40 am to 1:45 pm. Students cannot leave class to receive treatment, injury evaluation, or to be taped.
Physical Therapy - Encore:
- Encore offers services to our injured athletes who have been prescribed Physical Therapy by a medical doctor.
- This service is performed on campus in the athletic training room.
- Physical Therapy sessions are scheduled through Encore Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:00 -5:00pm during the academic school year.
- Physical therapy sessions are administered by an Encore physical therapist or physical therapy assistant.
- Encore charges each patient/athlete for their services.
Common Injury Information:
The following graphics were created by the NATA to educate parents, athletes, and coaches on some of the common dangers and injuries associated with different sports. Read through for more information, and click here to learn more about the NATA.